Atwood Lake Park is located in Tuscarawas and Carroll Counties. An easy drive from Akron and Cleveland, Atwood Lake Park is a close getaway vacation. Atwood is one of the state’s — and region’s — top lakes for sailing and pleasure boating. Atwood Lake Park features a wide, sandy beach, vending area, changing room with showers, playground, picnic area and picnic shelters.
Things to Do
Campsites are available at Atwood Lake Park for NEW seasonal campers.
The lottery for New Seasonal Campers will take place on Saturday, March 11th at 9 a.m. New Seasonal campers who would like to participate in the lottery must sign up by calling the campground office between Monday, March 6 at 8:00a.m. through Friday March 10 at 12:00 p.m. Calls must be received by noon on March 10.
Atwood Lake Park and Campgrounds
- 500+ camp lots (class A with full hookups, class A and B with electric)
- Swimming beach with concession stand
- Vacation and patio cabins
- Picnic shelters
- Activity Center and Nature Center
- Hiking trails
- Free Wi-Fi internet access at the Activity Center
- Special events and daily activities
- Laundry and camp store
- 2 public boat launch ramps
- Site of Alive Christian Music Festival and Atwood Fall Festival
- Park Campground Rules
- Golf Cart Policy
- Gate admission for daily park visitors charged beginning on Friday of Memorial Day weekend – Labor Day. $5 single occupant, $10 for 2 or more passengers. Gate fees vary during Atwood Fall Festival. For information about the Fall Festival visit www.atwoodfallfest.org
Free Wi-Fi internet access is available at the Atwood Lake Park activity center.
Atwood Lake at a Glance:
- 1,540 acres of water surface
- 25 horsepower limit
- 2,500 acres of land
- 28 miles of shoreline
- Conservation (Normal) Pool Elevation: 928 ft. above sea level
- 3 public launch ramps
- Check current lake levels
- Atwood Park Map
- Atwood Lake Map
- Campground Overview Map with lot numbers
- Directions to Atwood Lake Park
- Camp Area Map – Outside Area 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Camp Area Map – A and G
- Camp Area Map – B, C, D, and E
- Camp Area Map – F (Point)
- Camp Area Map – H (Daily/ Weekly Camping only- No seasonal camping)
- Vacation Cabin Map
- Atwood Park Trail Map
Campground and Park Rates – Includes camping (daily and extended), patio cabin, camper cabin, group camping, permits and boat decals
- Rates are subject to change in off-season
- Maximum log occupancy is (6) persons
- Standard: closer to shower and restroom facilities
Park Entry Fees: begin on Friday of Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day
Once you enter the park you are invited to enjoy park activities and amenities including the trails, playgrounds, picnic areas and the beach which is open Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day.
Gate admission for daily park visitors: $5 single occupant, $10 for 2 or more passengers.
Atwood Fall Festival rates vary, please visit www.atwoodfallfest.org for festival information.
Our inflatable water park, operated by LandzEdge, has an additional cost. Please visit Landzedge – Ohio Splash Parks to check the rates.
The cabins at Atwood Lake Park are a perfect place to get out in nature and still have all the comforts from home. Atwood Lake Park offers two types of cabins; vacation cabins and patio cabins.
Vacation Cabins feature two bedrooms as well as a pull-out sofa to accommodate 6 guests comfortably. Full kitchens, air/heat, large screen TV’s, and bathrooms with showers are also included to provide the comforts from home. For more information including a full list of amenities and rates, check below:
Amenities, floor plans and photos
- 2 bedrooms, one full size bed each
- Dining/Living room with sleeper sofa
- Complete kitchen featuring stove, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishes, pots, pans, glasses and utensils
- Gas heat and air conditioning for year-round usage
- 32” LED flat screen TV
- Restroom features sink, shower and toilet
- Charcoal grill, picnic table and fire ring on site. Firewood is available for purchase from the park.
- Only two vehicles per cabin permitted for overnight stay
- No smoking permitted in the vacation cabins
- Pets ARE permitted in the vacation cabins or vacation cabin area
- Guests are responsible for supplying their own full size sheets and pillowcases, bath towels, soap, kitchen towels, dishwashing soap, and coffee filters
- Blankets and pillows supplied by the park
- Playground located in cabin area
Patio Cabins are more rustic with fewer amenities. Patio cabins 6 and 7 have beautiful lake front views, include a full-size bed and a set of bunk beds, air/heat, loft and mini refrigerator. Patio cabin 5 is not lake front but located near the activity center and playgrounds. Patio cabin 5 features a renovated exterior, a queen-sized bed, futon, breakfast nook, refrigerator, and heat/AC.
Patio cabins do not have running water or restrooms however, shower and restroom facilities are available nearby.
RV & Tent Camping
Atwood Lake Park offers a variety of campsites that range from waterfront with panoramic views of the lake to campsites nestled in the woods. More than 500 campsites are available for RVs and tents to camp for a night or longer (discounted 30-day camping rates are also available). Each campsite is equipped with a picnic table and campfire ring. If you choose an electric campsite, 30-amp service is provided.
New in 2018, a state of the art daily/ weekly camp area is now available! Area H features 142 full hook-up campsites including concrete pads and 50 amp power service. The area is complete with with lake front views, playground, shower and restroom facilities with laundry and pavilion with built in fire pit.RV RentalHave you ever wanted to try camping, or maybe you love camping, but don’t own an RV? MWCD has partnered with General RV Center in North Canton to offer two rental RV’s at Atwood Lake Park!! The campsite features full hook-up connections, and all the comforts of home! Click here for more info!
Enjoy the beautiful park setting all summer with seasonal camping. Whether you choose to stay in the campground all season or prefer the convenience of a campsite ready for your enjoyment, seasonal camping offers a discount from the daily camping rate. A seasonal camping permit is available for a seven (7) month period, beginning April 1st and ending October 31st. A limited number of campsites are designated for seasonal camping. For more information about becoming a seasonal camper, click here.
Discounts : Discounts apply only to the senior citizen or veteran staying at the campsite or cabin. Discounts cannot be combined.
Senior Citizen: 10% discount the daily camping rate year round. Must be 60 years of age to qualify with valid ID.
Veterans: 10% discount off daily camping and daily cabin rentals year round. Verification from the Veterans Administration required.
Active Duty Military: 25% discount off daily camping and daily cabin rate, based on availability year round. Official document from the Department of Defense (DOD) required. Free park admission.
Former Prisoners of War and 100% Disabled American Veterans: 50% discount off of the daily and 30-day camping rate year round. 25% discount off daily camping and daily cabin rate, based on availability, year round. Lifetime free park admission. Verification from the Veterans Administration required.
Seasonal Camping: Permits to camp April 1 – October 31 at a discounted rate from daily camping.
Off-Season Camping: Discounted camping rates are available November 1 – March 31.
Pets are welcome in all camp areas. Pets are not permitted in the cabins and on the beach.