Microsoft Office 2016 – FAQs
Microsoft Office 2016 – Frequently Asked Questions
- What applications are included with Office 2016?
The following applications are included: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive for Business, OneNote, Publisher, Skype for Business, and Access.
- Do I need to enter @mwcd.org with my user account when signing into or activating the Office 2016 software?
Yes, you will need to use your full email address.
- Should I check the “remember my credentials box” when signing into my Outlook account for the first time?
Yes. While it is not required that you choose to save your password, we recommend doing so to avoid the need to enter your credentials each time you access Outlook. This is true for any of the other application within the suite that require a password for login (e.g. Skype for Business)
- Why are my previous emails and folders not immediately visible after logging into my Outlook 2016 for the first time?
It will take time for Outlook 2016 to recreate your folders and populate previously stored emails. The amount of time this takes to complete will depend upon the amount of email data associated with your account. On average, the initial synchronization should take less than 30 minutes to complete.
- What password will I need to enter when accessing Outlook, OneDrive, or Skype for Business?
You will use the email password that MWCD has issued you when logging into any Office 2016 application.
- Will I be able to open documents saved with an older version of Microsoft Office?
Yes. Microsoft Office 2016 is able to open documents created with older versions of the software.
- Will MWCD employees still be using DropBox to share files?
No. All DropBox accounts will be migrated to Microsoft OneDrive. Not only is OneDrive more secure than DropBox, it also offers more storage space.
- How much storage space does my OneDrive account have?
Each OneDrive account is allocated 25 GB of storage space – most DropBox accounts only offered 2GB DrobBox.
- What if I need additional OneDrive storage space?
Requests for additional OneDrive storage space will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.