HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS
- Medical Benefits (Anthem)
- Ancillary Benefits – Dental, Vision, Life, Disability (Principal)
- Deferred Compensation (Equitable and Ohio Deferred Compensation)
- Employee Assistance Program (Principal)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Equity)
OHIO PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM
The Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) was established by state law in 1935 and operates under the authorization of the Ohio General Assembly. All employees who are paid in whole or in part by the sate of Ohio, a county, municipality, or any other political subdivision of state or local government in Ohio must become members of OPERS unless they are covered by another state retirement system in Ohio or by the Cincinnati Retirement System. Membership begins from the first date of employment.
Eligible new employees have 180 days from the their date of hire to select one of the OPERS retirement plans, either the Traditional Plan, the Member Directed Plan or the Combined Plan.