MWCD Receives Auditor of State Award for Clean Audit Report
November 4, 2020
The Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District (MWCD) has been awarded the ‘Auditor of State Award’ from the Ohio Auditor of State’s office for meeting a range of criteria for required audits conducted on the conservancy district’s financial records for the past year.
Auditor of State, Keith Faber recently announced that the MWCD was selected to receive the award of commendation because the MWCD audit report for the year 2019 met the following guidelines:
- The MWCD filed timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) standards;
- The MWCD audit reports do not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, single audit finds, and/or questioned costs;
- The MWCD’s audit also reports that none of the following issues were identified:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs of less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely single audit
- Findings for recovery of less than $1000
- Public meetings or public records issues
“MWCD is again proud to be recognized for financial management excellence by Auditor Farber,” said Craig Butler, MWCD Executive Director. “This award represents the high level of commitment to financial stewardship of our excellent financial management staff and all MWCD employees.”
Copies of the MWCD’s audit reports are available online at the Auditor of State’s website at www.auditor.state.oh.us.
The Auditor of State’s office is responsible for auditing more than 5,700 state and local government agencies.« Back to News